The Navel/The Pechoti Method, An Ancient Healing Practice
Do you know why the pechoti method is entrenched in Ayurvedic medicine?
According to science, the first part created after conception is the navel. After it is created, it joins the mother's placenta through the umbilical cord.
Our Navel is surely an amazing thing! All our veins are connected to our navel, which makes it the focal point of our body. The belly button is life itself!
What is the Pechoti Method?
The Pechoti Method is the Ayurvedic practice of dropping essential oils into your belly button to be absorbed into your bloodstream. When absorbed, the oils stimulate and spread through the Pechoti gland, which is located behind the belly button and is connected to over 70 million nerves, tissues, and organs in the body.
The Pechoti Method has been used to:
- Relieve joint and muscle pain
- Alleviate stomach and menstrual cramps
- Regulate digestive and reproductive issues
- Reduce stress
- Boost circulation
- Warm the abdominal area
- Clear brain fog
- Improve eyesight
The "Pechoti" is behind the navel, which has more than 72,000 veins.
Many mothers know, that to lower the temperature of a baby, you can place a cotton swab with alcohol in the navel, now we know that with oil, it's even better
Here's a few tips on how to apply oil to your belly button for certain benefits.
- Apply Neem Oil in your belly button - to get rid of stubborn pimples and acne
- Apply Almond Oil in your belly button- to help achieve a glowing skin and face
- Apply Mustard Oil in your belly button - to get rid of dry, chapped lips. Will also keep your intestines moving to remove harmful bacteria but keep the good. Actually works as a mild detox.
- Apply olive oil or coconut oil - to improve your fertility
Keep an alcohol dipped cotton ball on your belly button - to cure a cold, flu and a running nose. When a baby has stomach pain, some mothers put a few drops directly in the navel and massage around the naval for a few minutes, to help alleviate the pain.
Oil works the same way (These are age old traditions found in Traditional Ayurvedic practice)
Keep a brandy-soaked cotton ball on your belly button - to ease menstrual pain and cramps. Lavender and Clary Sage oil are also amazing at alleviating menstrual cramps (I speak from experience with clary sage and lavender)
Sesame Oil is used for all types of joint pains. It is also known to strengthen the bones due to it's high content of calcium and magnesium
Use an equal amount of Mustard Oil And Ginger Oil for digestive issues, bloating and nausea.
Thyme oil is anti-spasmodic, it helps relax your arteries and veins, lowering blood pressure and stress to your heart. It may also help strengthen and tone your heart muscles as well as ward of harmful pathogens.As a diuretic, Thyme oil may help your body to remove excess water, salt and toxins from your body, helping with weight, blood pressure, digestion, and more, another way of achieving this is to make freshly brewed cup of thyme tea with fresh thyme.
Thyme oil is an expectorant, which means it can help remove mucus from your airways and lungs. Thyme oil is approved by Germany’s Commission E in the treatment of bronchitis, whooping cough, and upper respiratory inflammation.
Remember Thyme oil is a powerful compound and should not be used directly on your skin, as this can cause sensitization and irritation. It must first be diluted with a carrier oil (like olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil).
FOR KNEE PAIN
At night before bed, put 3 drops of Castor oil (make sure it's cold pressed and hexane free) in your navel and spread it 1 and a half inches around your navel.
FOR TREMORS AND LETHARGY, PAIN RELIEF IN YOUR JOINTS AND DRY SKIN
At night before bed, put 3 drops of mustard oil in your navel and spread it 1 and a half inches around your navel. Cold Pressed Mustard Oil on amazon HERE
WHY PUT OIL IN AND AROUND YOUR BELLY BUTTON?
Your Navel can detect which veins have dried up and by putting oil, those nerves open them...
You can keep a small drip jar with the oil required next to your bed and place a few drops in your navel before going to sleep. This will make it convenient to pour and avoid accidental spills.
If you're a user of cannabis oil and cannot tolerate it internally you may have come across the concept of using them as suppositories, however an even better way to reap the benefits of cannabis oil is to use the pechoti method. I personally used this method when I initially started using cannabis oil. Alternatively copaiba can be used as it contains cannaboid compounds without the psychoactive effects.
How to Do the Pechoti Method:
- Step 1: Lay down on your back and get comfortable. Take a few deep breaths in and out to relax your body and mind.
- Step 2: Place up to about 7 drops of your chosen oil in your belly button or just enough to not make the oil overflow to the sides.
- Step 3: Gently do intestinal massage around your belly button for 5-8 minutes remembering to breathe deeply in and out. You can even grab a Belly Button Healing wand to help massage around your stomach without your arms getting tired.
- Step 4: Relax your arms at your sides. Your stomach area should feel warm and you can feel more relaxed overall.
- Step 5: Rub the remaining oil that is in your belly button around your stomach area. It takes the oil about an hour to fully absorb when inside your belly button, so if you don’t have that much time you can rub it in around your stomach area.
Some Great Places for Essential Oils & Carrier Oils:
Or from your personal DoTerra or YoungLiving essential oil rep.
By Appointment ONLY
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm