About the BAUD
The BAUD is a patented system and novel therapy device designed to safely and quickly stimulate brain plasticity. It was originally developed for improving ADD/ADHD symptoms, and clinical use revealed it to also be effective on most emotional issues, addictive urges, and even chronic pain. FDA-cleared in 2006 as a class II device for adjunct therapy, the BAUD has since been been used in over 500,000 clinical sessions in 18 countries. Its patented technology uses specially designed sound frequencies which the client listens to while performing a simple mental protocol based on the latest research into accelerating synaptic plasticity.
Emerging research points to maladaptive plasticity as a core problem in trauma, pain and addiction. Neural circuits can become sensitized - essentially "stuck" - in a high volume firing state. Relieving negative feelings or chronic pain becomes very difficult, since this neural state perpetuates the exaggerated feelings, urges or sensations.
How it Works
Brain imaging research is confirming the BAUD's mechanism of action as stimulating plasticity by disrupting reconsolidation of problem circuits, primarily in the limbic system and the amygdala. This acoustical stimulation helps the brain shift neural function back to a normal level, based on its innate ability to self-regulate. The BAUD process enhances the brain's natural neuroplasticity in a rapid and highly targeted way, which produces a safe and effective result. Clients typically see dramatic reduction in problem symptoms after the first 20-minute session. Read article describing how BAUD works.
The BAUD has shown effective symptom reduction on three main types of problems:
- Emotional issues, from severe phobias and PTSD to everyday anxieties. See video
- Cravings or urges: food cravings, substance abuse, unwanted urges of all types. See video
- Chronic pain of all types. Read article
The BAUD protocol is simple and gentle. A neural shift typically occurs within the session, and the client typically feels significant relief immediately after. Brain function is measurably improved, and has been confirmed by EEG and fMRI imaging. Best of all, positive results are typically long-lasting to permanent.
Using the BAUD is simple. You "tune into" your individual stress source by adjusting the frequency dials, and then listen to the BAUD's frequency-separated sonic waves. This specially generated sound induces a third frequency, known as a "binaural beat," deep within your brain. This phenomenon helps you actually shift your brainwave patterns, creating a mental state that facilitates the release of stress.
Researchers once believed that the connections between the brain's neurons only developed in the first few years of childhood, and then became fixed and very hard to change. An enormous amount of research over the last 20 years, however, confirms that the brain retains its ability to "re-wire" itself throughout life. They call this Neural Plasticity. Simply put, the brain is not as "hard-wired" as once thought, but can change as we reshape actions and behaviors. This understanding has made it possible for doctors and clinics to use neurofeedback and BAUD to help treat serious disorders like:
- Concussions and TBI’s
- Substance Abuse and Addictions
- Negative Thought Patterns
- Looping or Intrusive Thoughts
- Chronic Pain (this is usually multilayered and requires a multidimensional Healing approach, but ALL Pain is derived from the brain also referred to as “Brain Pain”)
- and other Brain disorders, even Epilepsy
The BAUD is your personal tool for applying and benefiting from this knowledge. The BAUD will help you release the stress that activates and drives many negative habit patterns and reactions. As a result, it becomes easier for you to reshape reactive patterns of thought, feeling and action, and to quiet those negative urges.
Best of all, the BAUD helps you accomplish all this without any negative side effects or potential health complications of drugs!
The BAUD truly is Technology for Personal Transformation.
Some reasons we love BAUD
- BAUD is FDA cleared and completely safe. There are no drugs, no needles, just sound. BAUD has been used over half a million times with no serious side effects.
- BAUD is a patented breakthrough system for personal change
- BAUD cuts down tremendously on the time you need on the table for Brain Integration.
- BAUD doesn’t require a lot of talking. You don’t have to tell your story for the BAUD soundwaves to access and disrupt the issue.
- BAUD works on your subconscious mind, accessing and disrupting the emotional triggers that lead to fear, anxiety, addiction, insomnia, trauma, and a whole host of neurological stress.
- BAUD is quick and Effective – each session session lasts 15-30 minutes and most clients need 6 or fewer sessions.
- BAUD greatly enhances the efficiency of our Brain Integration and Holistic Healing programs. While Healing is always a recipe, and a unique to you, the BAUD system has been shown to amplify results by 40% sometime up to 80% for those enrolled in Treatment Program with us due to the multi-dimensional and customized approach we take with each person.
If you are a current client and member with us, you can schedule a session with Dr. Blessing HERE.
If you are not yet, you can schedule the new client appointment HERE.
Normalizing neural function brings rapid relief to a wide variety of symptoms as seen from a number of fellow Practitioners and Therapists
"A client came to me suffering from flashbacks from having a gun pointed to her head by a former intimate. The client's SUD was a 10+ at the beginning of the session. After 15 minutes on the BAUD her SUD went to a 3. She continued to improve and in a short time reported the flashbacks were gone and she was sleeping thru the night."
- KVB, PhD, Richardson,TX
"I have been using the BAUD in my private practice for about three years. It took some time and persistence to catch on, but I find the results now to be amazing... It seems to work more quickly than EMDR. My clients, for the most part, love the intervention and we have successfully used it to treat PTSD, panic disorder, depression, somatic pain, ease chronic pain, and manage cravings...I'm so glad to had the BAUD in my toolbox."
- Katherine Billiot, Psy.D. Ormond Beach, Florida
"I was reluctant to believe it (the BAUD) worked, suspecting my problem with trichotillomania would recur as it had so many times over decades. But over subsequent days, I noticed a difference in my behavior and reduced anxiety. My hair is full again. For the first time since my youth, I can wear a longer hair style instead of cutting-in layers to mask the issue. Thank you for this revolutionary product!!"
- name withheld by request
"I used BAUD with a client yesterday. He had a phenomenal experience and emailed to let me know the experience was absolutely life changing. In 20 minutes he was able to resolve disabling anger and pain he has harbored for years..he emailed again today with subjective rating of "1" (down from original "10") and still holding."
- Denver Institute of Neurotherapy
"I use BAUD as part of a comprehensive, intensive outpatient treatment for the reduction of substance craving for clients with cocaine or cannabis addiction. I use it in these clients one day a week for the first month or more to help to obtain the goal of total abstinence. One treatment with BAUD helps clients to reduce the intensity and the frequency of persistent subjective symptoms of cravings for these substance forÂ about one week or more."
- Arnaldo Cruz Igartua MD, Specialized in General Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry, Puerto Rico
"I was treating a client that was in a MVA 6 months prior. I used the BAUD on her second visit and she had immediate relief from her headache for the first time in months."
- Linda Craig, Physical Therapist, Puyallup, WA
"I have been using the BAUD for 5 years as my go to modality for quick relief and I have found success with plantar faciitis, shoulder, back, knee and abdominal pain. Personal issues like nail biting, uncontrolled anger, addiction to video games/computers, cravings - all diminish or are gone in 1-3 sessions."
- Dr. Cherylee Lisonbee, Chiropractic Physician & Neurotherapist, Pinedale, Arizona
"I suffered from severe, daily headaches following brain surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. - even 8 months after the operation. I used the BAUD one time for about 15 minutes. Here it is 2 weeks later, and I haven't had one headache since - zero pain!"
- M.S., Omaha, NE
"I'm positively surprised with the clinic results obtained through this equipment. After the first session applying the BAUD, (an obese client) started losing weight, and now she has lost 22 kgs (48 lbs)."
- Dra. Catarina de Castro Lopes, Director of Psicologa Clinica na White in Lisbon, Portugal
"My clients have used the BAUD and found it quite helpful. In some cases, it truly has been a one-session cure. I have used it with clients with alcohol addictions and clients with eating disorders."
- Linda Brownback, M.A., a psychologist in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Remediation of PTSD in a Combat Veteran: A Case Study
- POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS REMEDIATED: A PILOT STUDY OF 8 COMBAT VETERANS
Two recent articles in the Sarasota Herald Tribune on turning off the trauma of PTSD.
BAUD CASE STUDIES
- Resetting the Fear Switch in PTSD
- A QEEG brain map analysis of a veteran with PTSD treated with the BAUD
BAUD FACT SHEET
The BAUD works by a unique and patented acoustical stimulation that inhibits the reconsolidation of problem neural pathways in the limbic system - especially the amygdala - while they are activated. BAUD is establishing itself as a unique and effective "reconsolidation blockade" therapy, and is being used very effectively for pain, trauma, anxiety and addiction.
The BAUD works by safely stimulating a neural "reset" - of the sensitized neural circuit in the brain. Results are typically experienced rapidly, and significantly, with an average pain or anxiety reduction of around 70% following a BAUD session, for example. Overall, a high success rate is being reported, with over 75% of clients seeing good to excellent results.
Because this process resets neural function, results tend to be enduring. When the neural activity is reset to its normal range, it tends to stay there. I receive many reports from health professionals confirming the lasting effect, like this one from George Lindenfeld, PhD in SC: I happened to have treated a Vietnam vet with PTSD, nuking his trauma after preparing him with one treatment session using the BAUD. After 4 months he is still symptom free.
BAUD Clinical Use
The BAUD is FDA approved, and has been used in over 400,000 clinical applications in 16 countries over the last 8 years, and has proven extremely effective in reducing anxieties, PTSD symptoms, pain, addiction cravings, and much more. A recent therapist survey we conducted showed 76% reporting Good to Excellent results with the BAUD. Typically, most of the problem symptom is relieved after just one session.
- I have used it successfully with a client who has ongoing pain issues due to an inoperable benign mengioma, and the results have been impressive. L.M. PhD, Omaha, N.
- “I'm positively surprised with the clinic results obtained... After the first session applying the BAUD, (an obese client) started losing weight, and now she has lost 22 kgs (48 lbs). C. L. Director, Psicóloga Clínica, Lisbon, Portugal
- I had a client today with pain 10/10 in L TMJ ... I treated her w/ the BAUD...at the end of treatment one visit pain was 2/10. L.C. Physical Therapist, Pallyup, WA
- I had a client who was coming up on his 1 year sobriety date, and..he started being bombarded with thoughts of drinking. Baud therapy helped him through and I am happy to report November 20th he received his AA 1 year coin. D. L., PhD
- I just wanted to share success with a non-essential tremor. I have only given her one treatment and the tremor improved significantly. J. B., PsyD, San rafael, CA
BAUD Consumer Use
The BAUD is very safe and easy to use, and it takes only a few minutes to learn the basic protocol. We provide free phone support and coaching to ensure you receive the benefits you are looking for. It has been used by thousands of ordinary people to improve a wide variety of problems - including:
- weight loss
- quit smoking
- reduce anxiety
- chronic pain
- much more (see links below)
For Pain: OMG! I try to walk the steps here in my bldg at morning break and at lunch every day. Without taking pain meds (OTC) it gets pretty painful – the left leg and hip more than my back. I just barely made it 10 times a few min ago. I came back in and used the BAUD. ....within about 2 min the pain was pretty much gone! I can’t wait to try it again like this. Thanks so much for taking the time to work with me over the phone last night.
BAUD in Books
The BAUD is being featured in and increasing number of books as it is applied to a growing number of problems.
- Recent study showing the BAUD effective on anxiety
- University of North Texas study showing the BAUD effective on ADD/ADHD
- Study of BAUD for pain, emotions and cravings presented at the International Society for Neurotherapy Research conference in 2010
BAUD on Television and Videos:
- See a video clip of BAUD for various addictions on "the Doctors"
- Video of the BAUD used for fear of flying
- BAUD on Dr. Phil used to control appetite and chocolate addiction
- BAUD on Dr. Phil used for a teen with PTSD
- BAUD used for depression
- BAUD being used to instantly stop essential tremors
BAUD ARTICLES and WEB PAGES:
- Turning of the Trauma of PTSD
- The BAUD erases PTSD symptoms in combat veterans
- An article on BAUD use in clinical setting for anxiety
- BAUD used to reduce the urge and also emotional triggers that drive the addiction
- BAUD used for agoraphobia
Articles of Interest on other reconsolidation therapies in theory and practice:
By Appointment ONLY
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm